National Certification for Educational Diagnosticians
The premier national credential for special education assessment professionals who hold high standards of practice
- Enhances professional credibility and visibility
- Represents highly qualified status as an assessment professional
- Permits use of “NCED” after name in reports and correspondence
- Allows inclusion and recognition in the online NCED Registry
- Provides a vehicle for potential salary supplement in the future (per state/district regulations)
- Assures parents/school officials of rigorous standards for practice
- Offers structured opportunities for ongoing professional development
- Connects the practitioner with current trends/issues in the field of assessment
News & Information
The NCED Board of Directors has formed an Exam Committee which is working to revise the current NCED examination. We are seeking individuals who have shown proficiency in multiple areas of competencies as determined by their State Board of Education and/or...
Danielle spent 14 years in the PK-12 public school sector, as a classroom teacher for five years and a Learning Disabilities Teacher-Consultant (LDT-C) for nine years, prior to transitioning to higher education, where she is currently a full-time specialist professor...
Dr. Summer Koltonski is an assistant professor of Education Studies at Stephen F. Austin State University where she teaches undergraduate courses on teaching exceptional children and graduate assessment courses. Summer earned her B.S. in Kinesiology and M.Ed. in...
Examination Test Sites
10/10/2023 Kenner, LA
1 PM- 4 PM
2150 Veterans Memorial Blvd.
Kenner, LA 70062
3/23/2024 Irving, Texas
1PM – 4 PM
Westin Irving Convention Center at Los Colinas
400 W. Los Colinas Blvd
Irving, Texas 75039
4/4/2024 Whippany, New Jersey
Morris County Public Library
30 East Hanover Avenue
Whippany, New Jersey